Use the Disc Harrow attachment on the Hoss Single and Double Wheel Hoe to cultivate before planting and to keep weeds under control after planting. Easily change the angle of the concave disks to alter the degree of cultivation. USA MADE!
The Disc Harrow attachment for the Hoss Single or Double Wheel Hoe has two sets of three, concave disks that lightly slice into your garden soil to cultivate. It cuts weeds and prevents new weeds from growing. The simple push pin design allows you to easily change the angle of the disks. As well as giving you the option of changing the degree of cultivation.
Set the harrow blades straight forward for breaking up stems and soil clods, set them at a medium angle for general soil cultivation. Or you can set them at a deep angle for moving soil towards or away from plants. When plants are small, use the opening between disk sets to straddle the row and to also cultivate both sides in one pass with the Hoss Double Wheel Hoe.
This attachment is ideal for preventative weeding by lightly disturbing the soil. It works great when planting cover crops. After hand-spreading seed, use the Disk Harrow to lightly cover those seeds for better seed-to-soil contact that will result in optimal germination.
*Not compatible with our High Arch Wheel Hoe.
Disc Harrow features:
- Constructed with a 13” harrow bar made of powder-coated steel.
- Includes two sets of zinc-plated harrow disks.
- Each disk has a 5 3/8” diameter and bronze bushings that allow the disks to easily rotate and cut through the soil.
- Individual disks are spaced 2 3/8” apart with a 5” opening between disk sets.
- Each disk set has 4 different directional settings that are easily changed by pulling and inserting the push pin.