Kitchen Garden Light Kit
Our Kitchen Garden Light Kit allows you to grow clean, healthy food anywhere! Includes an LED light (50,000 hours) with adjustable height and a water reservoir with wicking mat for maintenance-free growing. Includes four seeding trays with holes, adjustable light canopy, heavy duty base, capillary mat and raised platform.
Our Kitchen Garden Light Kit allows you to grow clean, healthy food in any small space of your home or office. Grow your own salads with lettuce, arugula, microgreens and more! You can also use this kit to grow vegetable transplants like onions, leeks, tomatoes, and peppers.
This kit provides a maintenance-free solution to growing your own food indoors. The base of the kit serves as a water reservoir for continuous watering so that plants are never stressed. The capillary/wicking mat sits on an elevated platform inside the base and supplies plants with just the right amount of water. Just fill the water reservoir base occasionally and it's that easy!
Kitchen Garden Light Kit Includes:
- 12" 6400K 12W LED grow light with ballast (50,000 hour life)
- Power cord with on/off switch
- NanoTech T5 reflectors for maximizing light output
- Adjustable light canopy up to 18" above plants
- Heavy duty base that serves as the water reservoir
- Capillary mat for watering via wicking
- Raised platform to support capillary mat
- Four seeding trays with holes
- Fill the trays with seed starting mix and wet the soil so that the entire tray is moist.
- Sprinkle seeds on top of the wet seed starting mix and lightly press the seeds into the seed starting mix.
- Use a light dusting of seed starting mix to cover the seeds.
- After seeding, gently water over 1-2x a day with a watering can or spray bottle. Continue to do this until seeds sprout and produce roots that extend to the bottom of the tray.
- Once seeds germinate, turn on the lights and lower the light canopy so that it sits a few inches above the plants. As the plants grow, raise the light canopy so that it sits a few inches above the plant vegetation. Maintain a daily light schedule similar to your outdoor conditions. Turn on the lights in the morning and turn off the lights in the evening.
- Once roots are established, you can use the reservoir tray and wicking mat to "bottom-water" the trays. Wet the wicking mat and place it between the platform and trays, black side up. Keep the water reservoir full so that the wicking mat can draw water from it. The plant roots will obtain as much water as they need, which will prevent overwatering.
Kitchen Garden Light Kit Specifications:
- Total footprint: 20" long x 8" wide x 18" tall
- Individual tray size: 7" long x 4" wide x 2.25" tall
- Kit frame and trays made in England
- LED lights made in China